skip to main content

E-mail Us

Please e-mail us using this form, or you can use this e-mail address: to send e-mail using your own e-mail program.

Your Name:

Your E-mail:



Leave this empty!!! If you see it

Note: All fields on this form are required.

Frequently Asked Questions

What services does CES provide?

Community & Employment Services (CES) provides a variety of employment related services for individuals who experience disabilities.

Our main point of entry to employment services is through ACHIEVE. ACHIEVE is a comprehensive post-secondary transition program that includes credit and non-credit classes, intensive advising, involvement in campus life, community-based internships, and job placement services. Please see ACHIEVE to determine if this is a fit for you.

Employment Services outside of ACHIEVE

  • Assessment / Internship
  • Job development / Job placement
  • Intensive training / On-the-job training / Job retention
  • Long-term support / Follow along
For a more detailed description of each of these services please visit our Employment Services page.

What is the process to begin services?

The main point of entry for our program is through ACHIEVE.

If you are interested in Employment Services only please call (206) 592-3526 to schedule an Informational Meeting.

Employment Services outside of ACHIEVE will be considered on a first come first served basis. Entry to CES Employment Services will be determined by staff availability, eligibility for funding, and appropriateness of services provided by CES. The coordinator of each program is responsible for the final decision on acceptance.

Steps to obtain Employment Services outside of ACHIEVE
  1. Referral from self, DVR, DDA or other source
  2. Informational meeting
  3. Acceptance into one of our services
  4. Intake and initial planning meeting to begin sharing information about your hopes, dreams, and goals. This enables us to develop an individualized plan for your services.

[back to top

Who is eligible for CES Employment Services?

  • CES serves individuals who experience disabilities and want to work.
  • The main point of entry for our program is ACHIEVE.
  • If we do not have staff capacity or staff appropriately skilled to meet your specific needs, we may not be able to work with you.
  • If we are unable to work with you we will provide a referral to an appropriate source of service or assistance.

[back to top]

What sources of funding can I use to pay for my services?

Students fund services in a variety of ways. CES will work with you in pursuit of all possible funding sources to obtain services.

Funding sources students have used include:

  • Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)
  • King County Developmental Disabilities Division (DDD)
  • Pierce County Community Connections
  • PASS (Plan for Achieving Self-Support)
  • IRWE (Impairment-Related Work Expenses)
  • Schools
  • Private Pay

[back to top]

What is your success rate in working with DVR customers?

You can check on CES's results in working with DVR customers by searching for HIGHLINE EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM on the Statewide Performance Summary on the DVR web site:

[back to top]

How do I reach the Highline College web site?

To find out more about Highline College visit the college web site at: or click on the Highline College logo on any CES web page.

[back to top]

How do I reach the Highline College campus?

Directions to the Highline College main campus in Des Moines can be found on the HCC web site

[back to top]